Trek @ Valley Of Flowers
Sightseeing: Govindghat, Ghangaria, Valley of Flowers, Hemkund, Badrinath Itinerary:
On arrival in Haridwar railway station at 7 am you will be driven up to Auli. This is a long but interesting drive. You will for most part of the journey drive along the Ganga &Alaknanda Rivers. En route you will be crossing the holy towns of Rishikesh, Dev Prayag& Rudra Prayag. Evening relax at the beautiful lodge set up in an apple orchard. Overnight in Auli (D)
Early morning drive for about an hour or so to reach Govindghat, our starting point for the trek. We start the trek by crossing the river Alaknanda over a bridge at Govindghat and from there walking towards the Bhyundar valley through forest area and a few villages. There are numerous waterfalls and absolutely lush green landscape all around. The gradient of the trail is moderate. The 14 kms trek to reach Ghangaria takes about 4-5 hrs, one can also hire a mule or use the helicopter service to reach Ghangria. Overnight in the hotel Ghangharia. (B, L, D)
It’s a delightful and short ascent to the valley. Gradient is moderate and the landscape extremely soothing to the eye. It will take about a couple of hours to reach the valley. The beauty of this world renowned valley totally lives up to its reputation. There are unending meadows laden with varieties of alpine flowers, network of streams and big mountains all around. At the entrance of the Valley stands the snow-clad peak of RatbanParvat, towards the left is Nar Parvat, which separates the Badrinath valley from this valley, and to the right is dense Birch forest on the hillsides. We will spend 3-4 hrs exploring different corners & vantage points of the valley and towards late afternoon head back to the hotel at Ghangria. (B. L, D)
Today’s climb to Hemkund Sahib is steep at places and will take about 3 – 4 hrs. Hemkund Sahib is a popular Sikh Shrine built next to the beautiful lake. The lake is surrounded by wild flowers with Brahmkamal being the most popular. Pilgrims take a dip in the freezing cold waters of the lake, not an easy task. The hot tea served in the Gurudwara (shrine) is divine to say the least. We will also visit the Laxman mandir next to the Gurudwara. Towards afternoon head back to Ghangria. Overnight in the hotel at Ghangharia. (B, L, D)
Today we trek back to Govindghat and from there drive for about an hour to reach the beautiful temple town of Badrinath. Situated on the banks of holy Alaknanda and with the backdrop of Neelkanth peak, an ancient temple with hot sulphur water pools and crisp and clean air, Badrinath is a wonderful destination to visit. For the spiritually inclined, there can be no better place. Later in the evening we return to Himalayan Eco Lodge, Auli where a hot shower followed by a sumptuous meal awaits us. Overnight in Auli (B, L, D)
After breakfast drive down to Haridwar. Trip ends here (B)
- Accommodation for 5 Nights with meals as mentioned
- Transport : 1: Haridwar-Auli 2: Auli-Govindghat 3: Govindghat-Badrinath-Auli 4: Auli-Haridwar Vehicle Used : Tempo Traveller/Bolero/Xylo
- Professional guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Forest entry charges & permits (if Any)
- First aid Kit
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Package price refers to services mentioned under the package inclusions section in the proposal
- We urge you to use our services for Flight tickets / Rail tickets.
- Booking Conditions, Amendment and Cancellation charges are applicable as mentioned on the website under terms and conditions
- Package price will be subject to revision if the travel date falls during high season or during non-published conferences/special event dates.
- If any of the mentioned hotels/services are not available, alternate hotels/services may be offered with or without a difference in cost.
- Request for early hotel check in or late checkout due to flight/rail timings, will be subject to the discretion of the hotel at extra charges.
- All payments to be made by Cheque/Demand Draft/Direct bank transfer in favour of Pinkstone Travel & Tourism Pvt Ltd.